Help with credit card on the xbox 360

Ok so i put the credit card on 2 gamertags then i call just to cancel the renewal not the 1 year nor remove the credit card and they say IF YOU CANCEL THE RENEWAL WE WILL CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT  i was like wtf? because the information on the other account i forgot and my friend gave that to me before he went of to college so its not like i made the account to tell xbox what my adress and city and stuff so now im not going to be able to renew it im just soo mad right now and the guy i was talking to on xbox his name was jason he wasnt helping me instead he was questioning me why are you calling about this , why are you calling a year before, if it was my money then i wouldnt buy 3 months, then he said so cancel your account or play with your friends on xbox and have a great time i was like dude come on im just trying to remove the card so my question is is there any other way to cancel the renewal from the account i forgot all information too, like idk were the guy who gave me it went or is he graduated i think and i cant take the darn card off if i call xbox they would probably put the account in lockdown or something if i told them about this i mean if it wasnt my account why would i put the main creditcad on it ? like seriously!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Ok two things first turning off autorenewal will not cancel the account

However if you are on a promotion and you want to remove the creditcard before the 1 year is up

Then they do have to cancel the 1year and issue you a prepaid code for the remainder of time In an email to your contact  email listed on your windows live id This takes 4-7 business days and you cannot add gold or code till the prepaid code is issued

This forfeits any promotion this is why you do it after you receive the promotional items

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I too want to remove a credit card from my account...... the card has expired but is still getting charged and my bank is paying it (WTF) , i just want the card removed as my life has changed but i still want my account.  Why cant we remove our credit card details.....???

Sorry this didn't help.

Suspension for payment info ?

That is completely different you must follow the terms of use

When on a subscription you must keep your payment info upto date

Once the payment is proccessed and the suspension is lifted then you can call support to remove it

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Vamp! If you have a pending balance, you can add a new card and transfer your account to it here: live.xbox.com/ManagePaymentOptions If you cannot seem to do this on the website, please contact phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) for help with transferring your balance to a new payment method. Let me know if I can be of further help, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.