Help with connecting to Xbox LIVE.

Hello, my xbox live connection was working fine for weeks then one day I unpluged the Ethernet cord that connected my xbox to the router and my internet went out. So I connected it all back up and pressed the reset button on my router and modem. my internet was up and running again as normal.. But when I connected my xbox back into my linksys router I keep getting "Your DNS server can't resolve  xbox LIVE server names" I tried the trouble shooting on this website to no luck at all..

I tried to manually put in my primary and secondary DNS, I tried restoring to factory default settings on my xbox, and connecting it directly into the modem.

I know my router is working since my main computer has a wired connection to it and it works fine.

Does anyone have ANY advice as to how to get my Xbox working again? I'm almost positive it has something to do with me pressing the reset button to get it all working again, I just dont know what (I suck at networking)

I have a webstar modem and linksys wireless-B broadband router.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Does it work when you connect your console directly to the modem? If so, then there is some issue with your router. Also, please make sure to utilize our help docs (start here: forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx) and if you are still having issues, post back here with the answers to the bold questions at that link. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.