Help with 2 things

Hi, Can you guys help me with 2 annoyances I have with my Xbox One. 1- I am the only one who uses my console, can I have it setup so it automatically log me in when I turn the system on. The Kinect recognize does not work (too dark I think). I just want it back to the way Xbox 360 would work. I want the system to always assume its me unless I log out. Can i do this, if so, how? 2- Can I turn off the Xbox Ones from recording game clips? I don't want or use this feature, if so, how?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

1. Theres no auto log in, if it doesn't recognise you you can use the command "xbox sign in as then your name thats attached to your account (not your gamertag) so for me i use "xbox sign in as Gary".

2. If you go to your preferences in settings you can turn off auto game dvr, be warned that this also disables your manual recording.

There is an auto login with the face recognition it signs me in automatically every time it sees me when I turn it on. That's why there is ir sensors it will detect you in the dark as well. You might need to recalibrate it under the settings.

Whenever Kinect doesn't recognize you and sign you in automatically, go to the sign in manually. There is a section there that says "I wasn't recognized" Click it and choose the profile you would like. After a few of these the Kinect will better recognize you. Also, the Kinect can see in the dark with detail. So being too dark for the Kinect to see you is false.

My kinect is temperamental with recognising me too. The problem I have with it is that I go in to the menu to do it manually after sitting on the dashboard for 10 minutes and then it magically recognises me when I go to do it myself.

Mine is funny with recognizing me too. I wear glasses and contacts and it only recognizes me with glasses off unless I recalibrate it to recognize me with glasses on then it won't recognize me with my glasses off. When you first calibrated it to recognize you did you do it with glasses on, a hat on, did you forget to shave? Do the "xbox didn't recognize me" in your ideal gaming set up, I.e. Lights off/on, glasses off/on, hat on/off, with/without your mustache. Try that, I hope maybe that might be your issue cuz that was my problem.

[quote user="JayLaggy"]

Mine is funny with recognizing me too. I wear glasses and contacts and it only recognizes me with glasses off unless I recalibrate it to recognize me with glasses on then it won't recognize me with my glasses off. When you first calibrated it to recognize you did you do it with glasses on, a hat on, did you forget to shave? Do the "xbox didn't recognize me" in your ideal gaming set up, I.e. Lights off/on, glasses off/on, hat on/off, with/without your mustache. Try that, I hope maybe that might be your issue cuz that was my problem.

[/quote]

That's one of the silly mistakes I made too.

I didn't think and was smoking an e-cig when I re-configured mine. A lot of the time it works but sometimes it won't sign me in until I pick it back up again. Of course my own stupid fault but I'm not setting it again, the whole thing just isn't worth the hassle. 

Careful about turning off the dvr only time I ever had problems with nba 2k was when I turned it off it was booting me from game every time it would normally record something

@dynamic ha!! That's funny! I find it ironic with all the complaints about kinect, we complain it works too well! It can distinguish you from a e-cig in your mouth and glasses on my face! I also remeber you can just say "xbox, sign in[your name]". Use your real name not your gamertag

[quote user="Stoyvensen"]

Whenever Kinect doesn't recognize you and sign you in automatically, go to the sign in manually. There is a section there that says "I wasn't recognized" Click it and choose the profile you would like. After a few of these the Kinect will better recognize you. Also, the Kinect can see in the dark with detail. So being too dark for the Kinect to see you is false.

[/quote]This . Just want to add that if you have your GT to be signed with password the kinect will recognize you but won't sign you in.