Help Recovering an Antique Gamertag

I'm trying to recover my Xbox live gamertag from the Xbox live beta period (so it's about 10 years old).. Because its such an old account, it isn't linked to a windows live email and if it were, its probably disabled. I called customer service and they said I couldn't recover it without the original credit card used and referred me to asking here.

I tried to log onto my original xbox to change the email but xbox live wasn't working on it.

Does anyone know how I could recover my ancient gamertag?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If support can't help you, no one on the forums will be able to either.  This is strictly a support issue and the forum boards are populated mainly by gamers like yourself.  Sorry about the issue though.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If the gamertag was that old and not use - the email account prob went dead as well and was part of the GT collection that happened at the start of the year.

Sorry this didn't help.

The gamertag isn't recycled yet, sadly it looks like its lost because its not connected to a windows live id. :( I'll try calling support again and send some emails.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sir, that GamerTag has most likely not been recovered since the Xbox 360 era. If this is the case and you try to recover it, it will not allow you to. The reason for this is due to the fact that the original Xbox servers have shut down. There is no servers to pull that GT from. Thus, we are now in this issue. If you have not recovered that GamerTag onto an Xbox 360 since the servers shut down then that GT is lost forever sadly.

Sorry this didn't help.