help pleeeease

i cant connect to xbox and i have dail up. i slip the wire into the wall and made sure it was plugged up right but when i test connection on it it goes to a screen saying i need to get a wire and plug it into the xbox or make sure its plugged in.ive tryed new wires and everything nothing is broken but it keeps saying the same thing! i know its plugged in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive brought friends over and they dont even know. someone please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

your problem might be because its not connected to a modem or box, that or u neeed ethernet or ur using the wrong cord, make sure u are using a yellow ethernet cord

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You Need highspeed to get xboxlive but  there is a way to get Xbox live with dail up. But it is only enough for updates and maybe Dlc ( but I don't think it works on the dlc ) . And no it is not a good idea to play multiplayer beacuse you will create lag and you will make everyone hate you and you will hate yourself as the game restarts  everytime because of the lag.

And I feel you it sucks  I know I have dail up. So my best answer to you is to ask a cable or phone compaines if they offer highspeed Internet. Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

XBL needs a broadband connection at an absolute minimum. It won't play ball with a dial up connection.

Sorry this didn't help.