Help, please.

I have a chronic illness - Myalgic Encephalomyelitis that leaves me bedbound for around 95% of the time. I don't know that a phonecall is a very good idea as I am currently too weak to hold a phone (I have speech text software). I tried to send this as a message but cannot use the phone and the box to describe the problem only lets you enter 100 characters.

I'm just writing to ask about one of the payment options associated with my account.

In February, I signed up for a trial to Xbox Music Pass. I was a big fan of the Zune service but never got involved before so decided to try it. For several reasons, I chose not to continue - mostly the lack of usage for anything other than a Windows 8 device. It's a great idea, but not being able to use it on anything other than an Xbox is a pain, plus it's also quite pricey when you can only use it on Xbox.

I forgot to cancel last month, so let the subscription ride out this month and made sure I cancelled it in that time.

I've just come out of hospital to find my account charged with a further £8.99 for another month of a service I no longer want or can afford and it now seems to not be allowing me to cancel my payment :o( I really cannot afford to have this payment coming out of my account right now.

The Xbox to an extent has been a luxury for me - when I can afford it (which isn't often but I try to be as loyal as I can) I do get a subscription to Xbox Live - it's been my window to many of my friends since I've been ill. I'm usually too tired to leave the house and see them (I haven't seen anybody in the flesh since October - it's too exhausting and painful for me to go and see them and often too exhausting to get myself into a presentable state to see them if they visit me.)

Hence the Xbox, and being able to converse while having something of a common interest with my friends is something I treasure. Again, when I can afford it - I do not have the capability at present to cope with any kind of work without serious health repercussions, hence I really cannot afford this auto renewing Music Pass, especially when I'm fairly sure I already told it not to renew :o( As it stands, and I'm quite frightened at the moment - it's the difference between me actually eating this week and being left with nothing. I cannot leave the house to go down to the local church/soup kitchen for food, or I would do so.

I'm just shocked that this payment option has been renewed and there isn't an option when you first sign up for anything to have a reminder of some kind each month that gives you the option of paying.

To be honest, I literally cannot afford to have this payment coming out of my account - I have had several expenses while in hospital that have taken a huge chunk out of my funds as it is and I am 100% certain that I told the website that I no longer wanted the Music Pass, a fairly expensive service that I cannot use on anything other than my Xbox.

I'm appealing to you, Microsoft, to help out a loyal customer - I got my Xbox in May 2010 as a gift from my parents to help me keep in contact with friends and have been on Live as often as I can afford ever since.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there,

sorry to hear about this problem.

But you will have to contact Xbox Support for this issue, instead of using the phone you can also use  the Microsoft Support chat option available on support.xbox.com/contact-us (The options shown on that link are the result of the selected options)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Quarter! I'm sorry to hear about all of this. I can understand that this is a frustrating thing to happen, especially when you're already in a stressful situation. As WPAK said however, you'll need to contact either phone or chat support for this. I'm not positive that chat support can do refunds, etc but it might be worth a shot for you if you don't want/can't talk on the phone. I do know that phone support can help you with refunds, etc. I'm not sure if you would possibly have friend/family member be able to talk on the phone for you while you are present, but that may work.

I really hope everything gets worked out for you. I would take care of it myself but we don't have access to refund tools or anything like that here on the forums. Just use the link WPAK gave you and I'm sure that phone support will take care of you. ^_^ 

Sorry this didn't help.

QuarterSooner, off topic and I know this does not solve your problem, but you might consider looking for a phone headset  with a 4P4C plug (aka  RJ22, RJ10, or RJ9 connector) to jack into your telephone so you don't have to hold the telephone handset. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Konig-HeadSet-with-Telephone-Connection/dp/B000P4UBZU goes for eight quid and could help with this and other nuisances. 

Sorry this didn't help.

And, of course, this is meant to be considered after things get better, unless you have special funds from your local council or some other agency to provide adaptive technology to help you.

Sorry this didn't help.