Help please?

I had my xbox for 2 months and I don't play it that much, only for an hour or two. One day I was playing Ninja Gaiden 3 and my xbox froze on me, I turned it off cause I thought maybe it needed to cool off. The next day I tried to play Modern Warfare 3 then all of the sudden my TV screen turns green and the game froze. I turn off my xbox tried turning it on again but during the start up it would freeze every time I turned it on. I left my xbox alone for a couple of days and try turning it on again. This time on my xbox the center light would light up but not the lights around it and nothing shows up on my TV, I don't hear or see anything then after a few minutes I would get the rrod. I don't know what to do. I can't send it to Microsoft cause my uncle gave me the xbox and I don't know how long he had it. Help? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Are you getting any error messages?  It could be the Xbox's ability to play video may be failing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No I don't get any error messages.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey AngiexAzn! It sounds like you've gotten to a point where the console basically won't turn on, which I'm sorry about! Have you tried unplugging and plugging back in all cables?  Have you tried removing your HDD to see if the console turns on without the HDD in? Will you try these steps and let us know what you experience. You may also want to check out this information on warranties and get in touch with your uncle to see how long he had the console before gifting it to you. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Miss Kleo, I have tried these steps and nothing has change. I still don't see anything my TV and my Xbox still had RROD after a few minutes when I turned it on. :( I don't know if this is true or not but someone told me to try plugging my Xbox in a different room. Do you think that might help?

Sorry this didn't help.

support.xbox.com/.../three-flashinglights may be able to help and you might have an issue with the console internally depending on how the environments its in are or maybe just how long you have had it, if  its a older version of the Xbox 360 it happens more often

Sorry this didn't help.

And plugging it in in a different room can help it can some times depend on the outlet your xbox is plugged into

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have the Xbox which is shown in the following picture, when the console shows the RRoD, can you please hold down the Sync button then press the Eject button 4 times and make a note of how many lights appear for each press, then simply reply back with the light code such as 4144.

[View:http://suhastech.com/wp-content/uploads/images/christofleplate_thumb1.jpg]

By doing this we can have more of an idea on what the problem is with the console.

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey TMX boxburn I did what you said and the light code was 4143

Sorry this didn't help.

Now as I am an Ambassador this diagnosis won't be 100% accurate as it uses information from the internet about the RRoD but from what I see it's a CPU error caused by overheating, very strange to get considering your usage, maybe your Uncle used it quite a bit or for a lengthy time period. This information may be useful to Miss Kleo though for an official diagnostic. If you visit the ollowing web address you can check your warranty status as all Xbox 360's have a 3 year coverage for the flashing three lights. Simply add your console to your account, click "Request a Repair", then "Request a Repair", then select "3 Flashing Lights" then "Continue", it will tell you whether the console is covered for it or not for free. myservice.xbox.com/.../ConsoleManager.aspx

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Sorry this didn't help.