Help Please!!!

Please Help:

I was playing a game and then my xbox360 fell down, with the game still in it..Now my game has a big ring around it.. I tried to play it and it just says unable to read disk.....is there anything i can do to make it playable again?? or am i just out of luck....

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

There are 3 things you could try to see if they would work...

1, I know it sounds strange but try rubbing toothpaste over the scratch then remove it and try again

2, If that doesn't work try taking it to CEX, Replay, Blockbuster or a company that has a machine to repair disk it wll cost you under £5

3, Have you got a friend with the same game? If so borrow it install it to the hard drive then try your disk it may work as the xbox is now playing the game from the hard drive rather than the disk

Hope this helps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

One thing reckless forgot to mention is to not put your console standing up.  Lay it down from now on to prevent this from happening again.

Sorry this didn't help.

You, my friend are )((**(&*&%.  When the console dropped, it caused a mechanical failure which means that the console itself is now scratching the discs...hence the ring.  

(1) Quit now playing any disc in it...lest you have more scratched discs.

(2) Call MS and fork out $100 for a repair.  Do not try to take the console apart yourself...or allow anyone else to.  I

don't care how qualified they may be.  MS will detect and hardware change and ban your console from Live forever.

(3) Contrary to the above poster: do not take it to Best Buy, GS, etc.  Ms specifically states in the warranty only to use

"authorized" MS repair centers.  I went thru this myself two years ago when my brother's console he had bought for

his son died.  He bought a 2-yr "service plan" with it.  It dies with in four months.  He returns it, thinking that they

would just replace it right there...they did not.  They shipped it off somewhere (where I could never get a specific

location on).  When he got it back, the console was banned from Live.  He finally threatened all sorts of legal action

against BB so they finally just gave him a new one.  Don't take the risk.

(4) Don't drop it again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Search for a store called Play and Trade around you. They repair Disc for $4.50, they made my mw2 look brand new(Scratches were all gone)

Sorry this didn't help.

it depends on jow deep the scratch is, if it isnt too deep you can mix some toothpaste with peanut botter and when you put a little on the disc it will leave a clear residue that fills in small scratches it is safe i do it to my scratched games

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="RED SHIFT1"]

You, my friend are )((**(&*&%.  When the console dropped, it caused a mechanical failure which means that the console itself is now scratching the discs...hence the ring.  

(1) Quit now playing any disc in it...lest you have more scratched discs.

(2) Call MS and fork out $100 for a repair.  Do not try to take the console apart yourself...or allow anyone else to.  I

don't care how qualified they may be.  MS will detect and hardware change and ban your console from Live forever.

(3) Contrary to the above poster: do not take it to Best Buy, GS, etc.  Ms specifically states in the warranty only to use

"authorized" MS repair centers.  I went thru this myself two years ago when my brother's console he had bought for

his son died.  He bought a 2-yr "service plan" with it.  It dies with in four months.  He returns it, thinking that they

would just replace it right there...they did not.  They shipped it off somewhere (where I could never get a specific

location on).  When he got it back, the console was banned from Live.  He finally threatened all sorts of legal action

against BB so they finally just gave him a new one.  Don't take the risk.

(4) Don't drop it again.

[/quote]1) The OP damaged one disc, not the console.

2) There is nothing to repair.  The console is not broken.  The OP only damaged his game disc.  Why would he attempt to take the console apart when it isn't broken?

3) The "poster above" was correct, because he was talking about THE DISC, not the console.  You're right about not taking a broken console to Best Buy, Gamestop, etc, but this thread is NOT about a broken console.  It's about a scratched game.

4) Agreed.  Better still don't stand your console upright.

Sorry this didn't help.