Help Please! Sister can't get on to her Xbox Account

We recently got our Xbox repaired, and after getting it back whenever we sign into a Live Profile we have to give the password for the account.

Problem is...my sister, when she signed up, accidentally typed in the email address wrong. She did this awhile ago, maybe a year or two. We can't figure out how to change the email address that the account is under, because now she doesn't know the password to the live account (obviously because the email isn't even hers)

Help please? She'll lose all her game info. Is there some way we can transfer content from one profile to another if we can't change the address it's under?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

have you already tried to delete the account?

Delete Profiles that you no longer use a gamer profile, you can remove them from your console. Here's how: go to Settings, and then select System.

Select Storage.

Select All Devices.

Select Gamer Profiles.

Select the gamertag that you want to delete.

Select Delete.

Enter one of the following: select Delete Profile Only. Specifies the profile will be removed but continue saved games and achievements.

Select Delete Profile and the profile and its associated Items saved games and want to delete performance.

after you have deleted the other account you can start downloading your old profile.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If that profile requires a password and you don't remember it the only way to get a new password is to know the email account or to have the account as yours. Since you say the email she signed up with isn't hers I can't understand how she signed up in the first place when a confirmation email would of been sent to the wrong email she couldn't access?

My suggestion is to get in contact with Xbox Support on Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269 you might be able to get your account back provided you can prove you are the account holder and remember the secret questions.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.