HELP PLEASE - Incorrect information about my payment

Hello, anyone that reads this... I bought a 3 month prepaid membership from gamestop and after a while i noticed i was getting emails from microsoft about cancelation of my account, (due to low balance on the credit card linked to my account) and was annoyed by two things, 1 being the i had already paid for it at another location,(in cash) and the second reason it that i was almost charged for something that was already paid for. Also, if you read this below, you can see that it is known i bought prepaid membership. (only thing i changed was name)

"Dear (My name),

We are contacting you because we have been unable to charge your credit card for your Prepaid 3M Xbox LIVE Gold service(s) being billed to you through Microsoft Online Services. The following credit card is the current payment method on your billing account: (the card type)"

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Also i still have the receipt and the date i bought it was on, 5/13/11... if that even helps at all...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

For billing issues, you'll have to call support to have them help you sort it out. You can also try going to billing.microsoft.com to see if it shows anything weird.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you had previously purchased LIVE online, your account would set up auto-renewal. The only way to turn this off is by calling phone support and asking them to. Adding a prepaid card won't turn this feature on, but if it is already on, it won't turn it off either.

Sorry this didn't help.