Help Please, Flashing Power Light.

Hello, 

My xbox (elite) last night decided it wanted to completely die on me through playing BO2. Turned the console back on to see if it just over heated etc to discover that my disc tray will not open, the power button inside of the ring is flashing green rapidly and on the dashboard it says "Open tray" when clicking to open the tray it goes through the opening>closing>opening>closing and so on etc, but without the tray moving at all. 

I did the force eject with the paper clip trick to get my disc back out and follow numerous guides on how to try and get the tray to work again but to no success.

360 has no warranty and i will not send back as id much rather buy a new one then wait for it to be repaired but would like to see if theres anything i can do myself to attempt to get it working again.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

My friend had the same problem with his arcade Xbox, and the tray was getting stuck for whatever reason. What we did was press the eject button and gently move the tray from side to side and up and down; the faceplate came off giving us the ability to kind of "jimmy" the disc tray open (keep in mind that the tray also has to be moving so you may need someone else to do the paper clip routine if the disc drive will not budge). [Mod Removed: Any discussion of self-repair will be deleted]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.