HELP, Only stereo sound for, TV, DVD, Bluerays, Games by Xb1 HDMI, all others work in 5.1 not connected to Xb1.

Using the Xb1, I hooked up my HD cable box in the HDMI input, Xbox1 to TV, TV optical out to my receiver and Im only getting stereo sound. The TV is optical out is set to Raw. The 360 plays DVD and games in full 5.1 DTS through the receiver. I've gone though the settings in Xb1, When I hook up my Cable box directly to my TV the receiver kicks in full surround, but when Hooked back up to Xb1 it's only stereo.

Even blue rays on Xb1 only play in stereo and not full 5.1 DTS, Dobly, just stereo. Is it me, or is the Xb1 that crappy of a sound decoder that it only does stereo? I love the XB1 but I had stereo sound on a SNES. If I am missing a set up, please let me know, I like the Xb1 cable options but when watching movies it sucks cause of the stereo sound and not full 5.1

Tv is a 42" LED 1080p 120hz Insignia

Sony STR-DA333ES receiver

Playing a BD in the PS3 sound works fine, put it in Xb1 and it is only stereo, please help me get it set to Dobly, DTS 5.1

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

OK I manually set the Xb1 display to manual, changed to 5.1 and get no center channel, change to DTS surround and get no sound at all.

My connections are

PS3, PS4, Xbox360, cable box, Xb1 to tv by HDMI

TV optical out to receiver, optical out set to RAW

Everything works 5.1 fine with the receiver but the Xbox1. What am I missing? please help

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've got the same problem i'm afraid, I have to use the optical out on the xbox one to my receiver, that way I can get 5.1

Sorry this didn't help.

The XB1 does not support Dolby Digital (yet, ever?) over HDMI or the optical out, only DTS. However you have to set the DTS option in the XB1 settings to output DTS as it comes defaulted as stereo for some reason. I can't tell from your post if you did this or not?  See this page for more info on where to find it support.xbox.com/.../configure-audio-settings.

Sorry this didn't help.