Help On Input Lag Free Televisions

Can any one with a good knowledge of TV's help me. I recently took my lg 3d tv back because input lag was making games unplayable. Im looking for a TV that has 10ms or less input lag. I need to buy this TV from Richer sounds and they will only swap the TV for me. Can anyone please help pick me a TV on their website. 40-42 inch please. I find a nice TV on the website but I cant find a review mentioning input lag on it anywhere so I don't want to take the gamble.

Any advice would be much appreciated http://www.richersounds.com/

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

try looking on avforums.com,they have a lot of info on tv's that are good for gaming

A TV's input lag often has a lot more to do with how it is set up than it does with the panel/processor itself. If you buy a quality display and set it up correctly you shouldn't encounter input lag that is hindering. That said, you won't find a modern display with <10ms input lag. You might be able to find some in the 15-30ms range, which is perfectly unnoticeable.

The Sharps have a 4ms response time

have a 70 inch tv and the remotes are now slower. is that what you mean lag time. sharp 70 inch aquos

[quote user="julianclary"]

The Sharps have a 4ms response time

[/quote]Response time is referring to the amount of time for a pixel to change it's state. Displays often quote their grey-to-grey latency these days and it's usually about twice the speed of a full black to white to black cycle. Input lag is referring to the amount of time between something being input to the TV and it being displayed on the screen.

You have two options.

1. Opt for a Cheap LCD TV (Samsung Series 5)

2. Opt for a Panasonic Plasma (42ST30 or the 42G30)

The Plasma is the better option since it has excellent input lag and motion preformance. It also produces far better image quality than LCDs.

[quote user="Nielo TM"]

You have two options.

1. Opt for a Cheap LCD TV (Samsung Series 5)

2. Opt for a Panasonic Plasma (42ST30 or the 42G30)

The Plasma is the better option since it has excellent input lag and motion preformance. It also produces far better image quality than LCDs.

[/quote]The G series from Panasonic was discontinued nearly a year ago - it would be tough to find one now if not impossible. I'm guessing you meant the S30? The ST30 series are great mid-range panels.

They are sold in the UK. I have the 42G30 ATM.

[quote user="Nielo TM"]

They are sold in the UK. I have the 42G30 ATM.

[/quote]I stand corrected. :)