HELP NEEDED Switching Windows Live Accounts

Hi, I have been having a great deal of trouble with Microsoft Live support so I was hoping someone here might offer a solution.

The problem is my Windows Live account has been compromised and I doubt I will every get a response from the automated technical support there. The account I am using right now I created for when I have friends. So I was wondering if it was possible to move my Gamertag: SweatshirtSteve to this email account. I have tried searching for a solution for hours and it seems I will never get access to my old email account through the Windows Live site or on the Xbox 360 gaming console. My gamertag still works with everything intact, though I fear if It gets deleted it will be gone for good. All I have is my original 20gb HDD with the profile intact in case my 250gb HDD is damaged or destroyed. Please Help.

Original Windows Live Account: [Removed]

GamerTag: SweatshirtSteve

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Read this http://support.xbox.com/en-au/pages/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-live-account-management/manage-live-id.aspx  

BTW, you can talk to a real person on phone support, not just automated answers.

Most importantly, NEVER post your email address on a public forum (even a compromised one).  Doing stuff like that is what probably got it compromised in the first place.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ha, I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. I have been through all those quick help things on this site and the Windows Live site. I literally cant access my account, doesn't matter if I change the password or not. I clearly even posted I couldn't access it from my Xbox gaming console. I did call several Microsoft help lines and the only ones that seemed like they could help aren't 24/7 and its now Sunday morning. As for the comment about how posting my email is probably what got me compromised in the first place. Well I'm not going to pretend that you know me, so **** off with the condescending attitude and go try to impress the little kids that need a lame suggestion like that. Is there an admin or someone with a relevant suggestion out there?

Sorry this didn't help.

PS My woes came from facebook and losers with too much free time, not public forums.

Sorry this didn't help.

I too have been in your situation, and I am not even on any public areas apart from Xbox live! I did however find the answer myself, and the link posted above takes you what I would call the 'answer' page so to speak.

Basically I created a new email address (gmail) and moved my windows live ID to that. Let me know if that helps?

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope. I tried that. I keep getting the "not a valid password" message. In fact even when I type in my password it is showing up with more than 5 additional characters, in the "*" format of course. I don't know if that is normal or not. I have never had issues with any Microsoft product, but from what I gather Windows Live has the absolute worst customer service ever. I couldn't even post a question on their forums. Thanks for the friendly advice though.

Sorry this didn't help.

To help clarify it was compromised through phishing do to my own ignorance on facebook and who my real friends were. It is blocked on all sites and I cant even log in on this site with it. It is blocked because it was sending out massive amounts of spam, I'd say 300+ an hour when I saw that my email box was filled to the brim on my cell phone. I have tried changing my password, already opened up new email accounts, and have changed my credit card just in case. The only issue to be resolved is moving my gamertag over to my current email. Though with a blocked email it will always come up as an invalid password and/or email account. This is clearly a Microsoft Windows Live issue and not an Xbox Live issue, but as stated above that site is notorious for horrible automated customer service. Not the most critical issue I guess. Might just need to wait another 24 hours until I can talk to a human.

Sorry this didn't help.

So what you are saying is Zen was right and now you should apologize for lighting into him the way you did? Clearly this is a user error, had you not made it so easy to compromise your e-mail account you would not be in this situation.

Sorry this didn't help.

Zen was not right. The Windows Live support line is fully automated, and openly posting my email address on a public forum and having my account set to public instead of private on facebook are two very different things. But I am willing to apologize for the harsh remarks I made out of frustration. So yes I am sorry and maybe when this matter is resolved I will send Zen a game invite so he/she can thoroughly punish me in virtual combat. There are enough punks on the internet to worry about, decent people who try to help don't deserve to be snapped the way I did. So Zen Like Calm I, SweatshirtSteve, formally apologize for any and all wrong doing on my part, especially telling someone trying to help me to *pee* off.

Sorry this didn't help.

Judging from several other forums with the same exact issue Im facing Im going to label this as answered because it seems the only way this can be resolve is by calling (800) 4MY-XBOX and not the Windows Live support line. Though it looks doubtful that they will be able to do anything without having my current WLID unblocked. Still beats the hell out of dealing with Apple.

Sorry this didn't help.