Help My Console Hacked!!!!!

I am writing to advise of my XBox Live account "CosmicGreg" being hacked. The console that was last used belongs to gamer tag [Mod Edit] , my bio has been changed to hostile, offensive, threatening, & inaccurate statements about myself. The avatar has been changed to an African American woman in a pink dress, I myself am a 25 year old caucasian male, this was meant to be hurtful & demeaning. The avatars statement is " i am a dead man" I find that threatening to my being. As you already know that the code of conduct states no offensive statements/behavior online & with my information belonging to Microsoft & being public many other consumers will view this information. I would like noted that I have many family members whom are minors on my friends list that can view this sexually explicit statement. I feel harassed & targeted by [Mod Edit] , I am requesting action be taken as this is outrageous behavior, please advise as to what the next step is. I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter. Thank You.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

First of all, you're not allowed to post gamer tags, especially other users than your own. Second, you weren't hacked. At some point you voluntarily gave out your Xbox Live account information to someone else. This is done by others having access to your console or you yourself gave out your own information.

START HERE for help reporting users and how to handle harassment!.

Then call support for your region to file an Unauthorised Access case.

I am guessing its your best friend that did this,judging by the bio, and he more than likely has your log in details so you were not really hacked.

Change your passwords before he locks you out of your own account, and fix what he has done.

Non, vous ne vous venez de recevoir votre compte volé et banni des forums

The only thing offensive I found in your bio was the spelling.

Maybe it was the same people who recently hacked a bunch of Xbox bigwigs!

So which bigwigs were recently hacked then??

Social engineering is not hacking.

I know, social engineering is the manipulation of the social position and function of individuals in order to manage change in a society. It's also a poor excuse from MS to protect their image as the most secure console service. Even if you want to give them credit for whatever they think social engineering is, and here is the quote, “We are aware that a group of attackers are using several stringed social engineering techniques to compromise the accounts of a handful of high-profile Xbox Live accounts held by current and former Microsoft employees", it was used to compromise the accounts, i.e. HACKED!

That would not be hacking in its true sense. Manipulating someone into giving them the account information by making them think they are the account holder or what ever they did they hacked nothing.