Help me...

Some how I feel like I really screwed myself over, without even trying.  

A long time ago, when I first got an Xbox 360, I didn't know a thing about what I was doing.  I had set up an offline account, and played from that.  A few years later, I realized I could upgrade my games with Live.  So, I set up an account.  This account is about 2 years old.  I only used it to get DLCs for my games, and it was a silver account.  

Only about 2 weeks ago did I really want to begin going online and playing with friends, and so I tried all these different stupid ways to get the data from that original offline account onto my Live account to then upgrade (when I made the first Live account, I didn't know I could just upgrade the offline one).  I found out that I could indeed upgrade the offline account up to Live, and so I did.  I entered my age and all, and it required a Parent Account.  I'm fourteen right now by the way.  I don't know what I did to that first one, but it seemed ok to use as a parent account.  Once it was all set up, I couldn't log in.  I thought this was an error, as it said "Can not log in, try again later.  If problem persists, go to [here]." So I waited a few days.   I was also pissed at the time because I had to re-enter my email and password like 10 times before I gave up.  Looking back, this was an Xbox error, as just today it was saving the email and password.  

I tried logging in again, and I couldn't.  I was beginning to get mad, because I knew something had gone wrong somewhere.  I finally went online to this website, and tried logging in from my account.  It worked, and it showed that I was silver.  (My first thought when things weren't going right was that the Live subscription wasn't set up, and I saw no way around this.  That's one of the reasons why I was pissed.) 

Through some fiddling, I got to the Parent Account log in.  And guess what.  It doesn't *** exist.  Apparently my Xbox thought it was good because I had used it before, but the servers knew it wasn't there anymore.  So every time I go to to log in, it try's to connect up with the Parent Account, fails, and tells me the account can't log in.  Either of them.  Now this is recent.  I was able to use the "Parent Account" about a month ago, before all this started.  I don't even know how...

I tried searching how to disable the parent account, or if I could possibly up my age to automatically get rid of it.  Can't.  I tried forums, blogs, wikis, FAQs, but apparently my ***-up is unique.  

Now I'm not giving up hope.  I knew I could find a way to post directly to this, with my own words being answered by intelligible people who will give real answers, and not search-engine key-word answers.  My question is this:

How do I keep the saves from said offline account, now this malfunctioning silver account, and upgrade it to Gold AND be able to sign in.  Basically make it a working gold account.  

Some more notable info:  when the error sign pops up, it says 801--(sorry i forget the rest), but i do know its an internet error.  

I just wanna play burnout online! PLEASE HELP ME!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The Parent Account still exists, even if the email behind it does not... is that what you mean by 'doesn't *** exist'?

1) Take the parental to account.live.com/password/reset for the password reset

2) If you can't reset it, go to http://account.live.com/acsr SAVE THE EMAILS SENT TO YOU

3) If that fails, contact Support and provide them with the Console ID number from Settings | System | Console Settings | System Info (it's on the 2nd line) and the reference number from the email sent to you in Step 2, and submit a UE Request to have Microsoft Accounts send you a password reset. It is faster to have the Agent call you by going to http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:6:3 or you can look up the phone number from the 1st web link in the .sig shown below.

4) Should all THAT fail,

A) If you already have a second Microsoft Account (formerly known as the Windows Live ID) you can skip step B/B1/B2 altogether

B) Make a new Microsoft Account at http://startup.live.com which after you complete it should lead you to the Account Summary

B1) If you don't get to the Account Summary page, go to http://Account.Live.Com and sign in there.

B2) If you are prompted to confirm the email address, please do so.

C) Complete the security information by clicking on the Edit Security Info link below. Make sure to add the Security Question down below as well as a cellular number in the Phone Numbers field and an alternate email address which is different from the Microsoft Account address.

D) Then, enter http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=242792 in the address bar of your browser. Fill in the form there, with the subject EMAIL BEHIND MICROSOFT ID IS BROKEN - give a good working email where their support folks can find you. You should receive a response within a day, the gods willing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Or, is it that the Parental Account no longer exists in the Microsoft servers? Was it at LIVE HOTMAIL MSN or OUTLOOK.COM? Is that what you were referring to? If so, then call 1-800-4MY-XBOX Option 2 and ask for a LIVE agent and explain the situation that the parental addresse no longer exists in the Microsoft system.

Sorry this didn't help.

Your original account is gone buddy: no matter you do, MS will not let you combine any thing from anything two accounts.  The best thing (and simplest) is just to start a brand-new account and this time don't make up anything.

Sorry this didn't help.

Once you have recovered the Parental, then you can upgrade your Silver to GOLD. That's our only road to a solution since you can move saves from one account to another.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried, from the first suggested answer, the options i could try.  While trying (btw its a hotmail account), it says either "This is an incorrect account," or "This account no longer exists." Any suggestions?

Sorry this didn't help.

Then you can go to http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:6:3 to have an Xbox Live Agent call you or you can look up the phone number from the 1st web link in the .sig shown below - tell them the parental address is completely broken and you need help linking to a new parental.

Sorry this didn't help.