Help me.

I have a serius problem. Today i was transfering a game to my usb but my xbox froze and when i came back all my data was deleted and my profile was corrupted i tried to download my profile but it gave me a error code i need help please

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  What was the 8 digit error code you received?

In the meantime please try clearing the console's cache 3 times then restart it to see if that helps with redownloading the profile.

To clear the cache head to Settings>System>Storage and highlight the storage device and press Y to get into the options then select Clear Cache.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If your console freezes a lot, then copy or move small amounts of data at a time. Make sure the storage device that you're moving your files to isn't a cheap USB thumb drive or a cheap HDD such as a Seagate. Also, never turn off your console while files are being moved or copied. It may appear that your console froze, but it probably hasn't. Wait. 5 minutes, 10 minutes. If nothing changed, then remove the USB stick and don't use it. You risk corruption of your entire file system when you copy and turn your console off like that. Unfortunately it doesn't sound to me like you'll get back any of the files that have been corrupted. Best thing you can do, is see if there's anything on your internal HDD that can be salvaged. If not, then format the HDD and redownload your profile.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.