help me please.

Hello and thanks for taking your time to read this. My problem is that this gamertag i am on has been banned. however i have another one that i want to connect to my windows phone. i cannot find a way to change the gamertag i use for games on my phone, but i also cannot change the windows live id associated with this gamertag to free this one up. now what im getting at here is can you please help me out here. im sure there is a way for someone to fix this. if you could just move this gamertag to another windows live ID that would help. i would be very grateful even if you would just delete this account completely off the servers. Or if there is an easy way of changing this then i would truly be grateful beyond belief. Anything that you can do to help me is appreciated.

thanks for your time.

p.s. i would have reset my phone if i didnt already purchase a bunch of apps on there so that is out of the question.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Were the apps tied to your WLID?  Regardless, the only way to get the new account on there is a hard reset.

And changing the WLID on the account needs to be done at login.live.com.  If it doesn't allow you to do it because the account is banned, then you can't do it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Side note: hotmail.com/live.com emails (as far as I know) can't be changed at account.live.com because its "morphing" the email into a different one.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Gok, I'm afraid that no one here can change that WLID for you. Have you tried changing your WLID by following the steps listed at the bottom of this page? :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

well thanks for the help anyways guys. i guess im just gonna hard reset the phone. i just wanted to see if there was a way around that but i guess not. thank you all though

Sorry this didn't help.