Help me get this straight...

So... when someone trys to add someone as a friend on the Xbox One who has a Xbox One, that person becomes a follower of the person they want to be a friend with. The person you want to be a friend with doesn't get a notification that you want to be their friend. You have to wait for the person you want to be friends with to visit their followers list and then they have to click on you and add you as a friend even though they don't know you actually want to be friends with them. (if they even check their followers at all) Is this right or am I missing something? Also, if someone on the 360 request to be your friend and you're on the Xbox One, do you get a notification? This stuff hasn't confused me at all. lol I'm trying to figure out if these people who are following me on the Xbox One requested to be my friend and I'd like to know if I send a friend request to someone if they know it or am I thrown on their followers list?

-

Some people here worry about sales numbers for the consoles. I worry about this. :P

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yes.

"Following" someone sounds slightly creepy.  I've gotten 3 random people who are now "following" me on the One.  I have no idea who they are.  I guess it kind of makes sense, since we can have 1,000 "friends" now, getting a notification every single time one of those people signed on would become annoying as hell.

I know, it's sort of confusing. Like anything else, I'm not sure why companies change things that work fine to begin with.

Yeah, it's pretty lame. You should have the option to choose whether you want to follow or add as a friend. Also, when you follow someone, are they on your friends list? Or do they just appear in your news feed? I don't know since there is no section for who you are "following" and I have never followed anyone....well except for my cute neighbor across the street.

[quote user="Eggnogga"]

"Following" someone sounds slightly creepy.  I've gotten 3 random people who are now "following" me on the One.  I have no idea who they are.  I guess it kind of makes sense, since we can have 1,000 "friends" now, getting a notification every single time one of those people signed on would become annoying as hell.

[/quote]

Sorry about the random follow, I like being a creeper

@GOTH VAMPIRELLA

Send me a friend request and we can check to see how this stuff works. Ifin  ya wanna.

I'm following all of above me right now.

.yes yesssss.

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

Yes.

[/quote]

Well that clears it all up for me. Thanks! lol

Here is what I don't get. I have sent several people FR. Those people who I have sent FR to show up as friends, but they really aren't because I believe if they were friends they would also be on my followers list also. Correct? The only reason I say this is, is because I know for a fact that the people on my followers list are friends because they were friends before I got the XBOX One. I am so confused.

According to the Xbox One Smartglass app I have 28 followers.

-

Which is somewhat odd since I don't have an Xbox One.