help I cant download or access my account under settings

I just moved into a new house and we switched providers to Hughes  internet. My problem is every time I try to download the Battlefield multiplayer update I get status code 80072746 I also get the same thing when I try to access my account under the settings tab in the dashboard . It would be much appreciated if anyone could help me solve this dilemma.

More Info:

Router brand/Model Number

Cisco/ Linksys E1550

Modem brand/ Model Number

Hughes/HT 1000

Xbox Type/Wireless Adapter

Xbox 360 Slim/Datel Wireless 'N' Networking Adapter

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Hey there!  If you are going to call, I would suggest requesting a call using support.xbox.com/contact-us.  Did you already try all the steps Miss Kleo suggested, though? They may help!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry this didn't help.

A guy named Nugs of Karma posted a Phone number in  mt other post and said they might be able to help

(http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/27/p/511206/2407912.aspx#2407912)

Sorry this didn't help.

And I believe dish net is pretty much the same as Hughes net. But yeah that's what happens to me, on BF3, borderlands 2 and magic

Sorry this didn't help.

Whenever I try to download anything be it a battle field 3 Multiplayer update or the Gears of War Judgement early access demo I get the pop up with the little red x saying "Status code: 80072746".  I was also told by someone that because Hughes Net is a satellite internet company it has a higher ping then what xbox normally operates off of, so i don't know if that is the cause of my xbox being unable to download stuff or not.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a similar problem, I haven't been able to download compatibility packs for two games and I cannot access my account stuff. The status code when I try to download is 80072746 and when I click on account it gives the code 80072746-00b96084-1ed9e66e  I have dish net and my router is a d link DIR-825   I have tried deleting market place data and clearing cache. I've been having problems ever since the most recent system update.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi guys! Thanks for the posts. We'd love to get some more information here - SpeciousDennis can you review our Start Here sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) and let us know the details at the bottom? The status codes are particularly helpful, because I can translate those into what the console is seeing from it's end. :)

Relmdrifter - Same for you - would love to have you review that Start Here sticky, BUT - if you can post that information in a new thread, that would be greatly beneficial for us, you, and the OP here. It sounds like you have some different details happening here, and that may cross some wires with Specious :)

Thank you both!  

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same concern, I just moved and switched to hughesnet, DL issues.

But I have a different router, and the 360 kinect with the built in wifi(slim?)

I have no active or partial downloads, and I have cleared the system cache. Step three is not an option (hard wire to modem)

If "nothing" is using the wifi could my router or ISP be the problem?

When I say nothing: there are 4 dish boxes that have a hard line from my router to the dish wifi box, (I tried in the morning when all the tvs were off and no Netflix or on demand was playing, or iPads or iPhones in use)

I will get the info for the router later this morning. I know it is a netgear.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello!  Sorry to hear that you're having a problem!  From what I have read, it seems that your issue could be low bandwidth on your network.  If you have multiple devices running on your home network, try turning them off while downloading, this may improve performance to where downloading should work.

You can check the following page for information on the error code, if you haven't already: support.xbox.com/.../download-xbox-live-content

Please let us know if this works for you!

Sorry this didn't help.