HELP! HARD DRIVE NOT DETECTED AFTER FAILED SYSTEM UPDATE

Please help if you can!

During system update, lost power and xbox 360 shut off. When I turned the system back on, message came up that said, "update failed, try again". 

When I got to the home screen however, i noticed my background theme was missing. I checked the storage settings, and my hard drive was gone. It is not listed under storage devices. There is just the memory unit, and the usb flash drive. 

Some 120gbs of data and games are on that Hard Drive and I can't get the xbox to recongize the connection. I've taken out the external hard drive, i've taken out the flash drive, i've already cleared the cache. But again, the Hard drive remains undetected the entire time. 

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. I know its just a video game console, but come on! Been a LOYAL member forever, and I don't want to lose EVERYTHING

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  It sounds as though the power failure may have killed your hard drive.  Although nothing can be done to recover your game saves the purchased content and DLC are yours to keep on the gamertag they were originally purchased on.

You'll more than likely need to purchase a new hard drive.  After doing this you'll be able to re-access your previously purchased DLC by going to Settings>Accounts>Download History on the console where you'll be able initiate the redownload.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.