Help! getting 80070057 when trying to recover account

I have been trying to recover my account onto my xbox for 24 hours now. Any time that I try and do this i am getting error 80070057. I can log onto the web site (as you can see), but it is showing that I have 0 friends on my list, and all of my messages are gone. On top of this my xbox SmartGlass app will not load my account. I have recovered a friends account on my xbox for troubleshooting it and worked fine. I have also talked to some from xbox support in chat for over an hour and all I got from him is to call in for help. After i called in, and had a 2 hour talk with an againt she just had me do everything the chat againt had me do, (this againt didn't even know what SmartGlass was). Is any one else haveing this same issue or have you had it in the past? Any one know any tricks that I can try. Thanks for any help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:
  • Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  • Select Storage or Memory.
  • Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  • Select Clear System Cache.
  • When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Hope this helps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No this did not answer my question. please reread my post. if it was an issue with the cache on my system or and iss with the xbox itself, I would not be able to load any other account, or would i be having an issue when looking at my account on the website or with the smartglass App. That support chat and typng this is about all i can do on the site. all my friends are missing and messages are missing. my gamer score is there but that is it. So basically if you are going to give me steps to remove cache, or reinstall the update that was sent out last week, or try loading it on another xbox do bother responding it have tried all of this and I get the same error everytime. The password is correct, aii know this because i tried with the incorrect one and got  a different message.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings AvoidLloyd!

Just to rule out the possibility that we might continue to post suggestions that you've already tried and will only echoes back, could you therefor specify what you have tried so far.

Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.

sure thank you

1) first I was having an issue getting my account online so I checked on my billing on xbox.com and say that my account was good until 02/2014.

2) I removed the cache from my HDD and tried again, still unable to get the account on line. I then chck my connection and I am hard wired right to my modem and I was able to connect the console to xbox live.

3) I removed the account from my HDD and tried to recover ( redowload) the account to the console and after entering in the correct password I got a message that states " We are unable to recover any accounts at this time 80070057"

4) I then tried to recover my girlfriends account to my xbox and with no trouble at all it loaded in.

5) I talk to support chat on xbox.com, all the had me do was remove the cache again. I did do it and same results. And he then sent me a link to a site that stated that the error code is for one of 2 things. 1) billing issue or 2) issue downloading a video.

6)24 hour later I called in to 1-800-4myxbox and this person had me remove the cache again 3 times and try again with the same results, after this she told me how to remove the latest update and reload it. after trying again same issue. I informed that I am have no issue load other account on the xbox and that if it was an issue with the xbox I would not be able to load any other account on to it.

7) just to prove her wrong I got my girlfriends xbox and tried loading my account with the same issue. and then put her's back on her xbox with no problem.

8) I then told her that I was have an issue logging into the xbox smartglass App on my phone and her response was " is that an official xbox App?" and told me that she reviewed my error code and this is an issue with loading a video. nd that there is an issue with my xbox. she ended the call and I am here now

Sorry this didn't help.