HELP, GAMERTAG PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!

went to friends house, brought hardrive...put it in and signed in to two of my xbox accounts

went home, put my hardive back into my xbox and turned it on

the two accounts that i used at my friends house are not there anymore!

i tried turning my xbox off and on, taking my hardrive out and then putting it back in. And  i tried recovering my gamertag put when i do that it says i either don't have enough space on my removable device or i did not put the hardrive in right. the hardive is in fine because my other accounts that are still there (the ones i did not sign into at my friends house) and i have 110 GB of free space on my hardrive!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I'd also recommend that you familiarize yourself with the regulations on using your profile and hard drive on another console.  I'm not sure of them myself (only use my console), but have heard stories about people having gamer points reset and hard drives banned when using on another console.  You are also linking your account to someone else's console which may or may not have a "clean" record.  Good Luck...:-)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

a reformat?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is an odd problem.  The system does not seem to be recognizing your hard drive properly.  I would recommend getting a flash drive (up to 16 gbs) and recovering your gamertags to that (temporarily).  Then move any game saves you want to keep to the flash drive.  Finally, a reformat of your hard drive will hopefully solve your problem.

Sorry this didn't help.