Help for a Friend regarding a Dazzle

Hello guys,My friend is looking to start recording videos from his xbox 360,now i dont want you guys to say "Get a PVR" etc but some helpful info instead.

Ill make it quick

1) Is there anyway to record a dazzle in colour without using Amcap and with the Bundled software instead,We have been trying to look this up but have found nothing.

2) Or is there a SD Capture that Records in Decent quality And in colour with the bundled software.

We are looking for any useful links etc and any owners or a dazzle or another capture card.(SD) That can give us advice.

We have tried Amcap on his laptop with an Easycap but Amcap Lagged the recording like crazy and Easycap isnt the best quality out there for SD

thanks for reading and any help!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

No I don't believe there is away of recording in colour without additional software, I can't quite remember the reason, but I looked it up before. I used Pinnacle Studio 12 and AMcap to do my SD recordings and they seemed to work fine.

Might help but here is a link to a quick reference guide on my site of how I setup my dazzle on pinnacle studio 12 with AMcap, it may help? May not?

It may be worth saving your pennies for an HD-PVR though. Those record in HD which is alot better in all aspects. No need for additional software either, all comes with it.

I've heard it can become quite expensive to set all this up :(

[quote user="Naffry"]

[/quote]

It can do. The Dazzle option:

• Dazzle =roughly £70
  • Pinnacle Studio 14 (better one) = £30
  • Splitters and compenent cables =£10?

Or HD-PVR is a one off payment of roughly £150. But to edit the videos you will need some software which can handle M2TS format. (which I got for £30)

[quote user="Akradon"]

[quote user="Naffry"]

[/quote]

It can do. The Dazzle option:

• Dazzle =roughly £70
  • Pinnacle Studio 14 (better one) = £30
  • Splitters and compenent cables =£10?

Or HD-PVR is a one off payment of roughly £150. But to edit the videos you will need some software which can handle M2TS format. (which I got for £30)

[/quote]

I already own a HD PVR but my friend has been looking into getting involved in youtube and other stuff etc,The problem is he can only settle for a Dazzle at the moment because PVR's are not cheap,they're a great piece of kit, but not what my friend is after.

Anyone know of any other cap cards?

There is this one? I've not used this one though so not sure how good it is and not sure if it needs extra software etc.