Help: error code 335A-0000-3080-0502-8007-2EE2

I have a slimline xbox silver halo reach edition and everytime I try to connect to xbox live I get halfway through downloading the latest update and it suceeded once, it restarted then gave me this error code, nothing seems to have changed on my dashboard and keeps saying an update is required, when I try to update I get this error code pop up on scree 335A-0000-3080-0502-8007-2EE2, what does this mean can anybody help me please?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

First off read the stickies/other forum posts/contact Xbox live support to see if its a common issue. However im going to assume that you've done that already and their was no "easy" fix.

I had a problem similar to this at the begining of the year, of which XBL Support could not handle, as they didn't know the error code. I'm going to assume that you can clear your System Cash (SP?)  so as to redo the update.

With a windows PC you can use a local area connection to install the update. This lets your computer "share" it's internet connection to your xbox, allowing it to miss any security settings that may be hampering the download/install (As i think was happening to me).

First off you need to hard wire your xbox to your PC. Unplug the ethernet cable from the wall jack and into the PC. (The side of a laptop or back of a desktop tower). From here on teh computer

1) Open up your Network and Sharing Center from the control panel.

2)Than select the advanced options

3) You should see icons, highlight them both and right click

4) Select the Enable bridge connection or something similar to that.

5) Wait until it says that the bridge is connceted/active

You should now be good to go. Re-download the update and install. Once the install is complete your good to go back to wifi or the wall jack for your xbox.

Hope this helps, as it took over a month to figure out for me. Xbox live support never gave me this as a diaognostic option/fix after repeated attempts with them, however there is no faults or risks by doing it this way

If this does work, dont be afraid to share this to help others!  This works for any updates, game or system, that you may need to install

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Please take a look at the information for that error code listed here. There are some steps to try on that page.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.