HELP!!! Crackling sound coming from my XBOX 360 slim!!!

I received our replacement Halo Reach 360 slim and it works just fine, but I hear this crackling, static sound coming from the console.  Is this going bad again (no red rings like before)?  Like I said, the games work fine, but the noise is very annoying, and I want to get this figured out before our warranty expires.        

Note - I couldn't find the right place to post this.  Sorry.                        

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

mines does the same thing at first i thought it was the fan it still could be and then i lightly pushed down the area where my cd is from the top and it stopped something its touching where its not suppose to. making that stupid sound. its like my cd is getting scratched but it doesnt. or the fans are hitting something. either way i have the same problem and i have no idea. where are the PROS and people at to answer these questions these forums have been dead for awhile.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

While I can't be certain exactly what is causing this noise, I can tell you it shouldn't be making any such noise. I would contact phone support to get another replacement on this console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.