HELP, can't sign in

I haven't been able to sign in to xbox live since 4/10/2013, tried security proofs, clearing cache, resetting profile, travis from the xbox support team and nothing worked.

can sign into xbox live on the computer, gamer tag top right and everything so I know email and password is correct. travis was going to have another xbox

support team contact me by email but they never did.

when I try to download my profile it says hi and starts to download, gets a 1/4 of the way and then an error comes up.

sorry, xbox live profiles can't be downloaded right now. try again later

code 80151011

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Ok so that code sucks, generally it means there's something that can't be added right away. When you sign into account.live.com and then go to edit security info, is there a gray box that says "Help us protect your account get the info we sent you at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***?" or is it just saying "We'll add/delete the info you added in 30 days" Do you have an old email there that you can't access that it's asking you to access but you can't so it's doing the 30 day add thing?

Some steps I've seen work with this code:

Making sure you can access ALL the info on your account like I said above. A good way to verify a proof since you can't seem to do it normally (normally you sign into the email that was already on file, and there would be an email from MS Security and you would click "Verify and sometimes sign in again) is go to xbox.com and then "My Account" go to "Billing Contact Information" then it will ask you to get the code they sent to an email/phone ect. Enter the code in, update if you have too, and save.

Then Clear System Cashe

Delete & Redownload your profile.  IF you have an alternate storage device I would copy it to the USB, remove the USB, (this is of course after formatting the USB to the console) Then delete your profile from storage, clear cashe and then redownload your profile to the console.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've personally had this before when I upgraded to my 360 Slimline.  Occasionally the xbox software doesnt always fully 'delete' the data you  select correctly.  It may be this thats causing your issues.  Basically when you download or save anything to your xbox, The console accesses the first available place on your storage device.  The more you save, download and delete...the more data can become 'fragmented' which can then lead to the data becoming unreadable (or 'corrupt'.. Perhaps you may have heard of Disk Defragmenter on Microsoft Windows OS?? This sorts out the data and moves it to a more logical place on the drive to save time loading etc.  Theres also a disk cleaner which remives unwanted and corrupt data but Unfortunately Xbox 360 doesnt carry these features but there is a way to solve....It is however a 'Destructive' solution. Mors so than the suggestion above and it is a kinda last ditch option too before having xbox look at your hardware. 

Am guessing that for whatever reason...some of the surface of your disk in your storage device may have become unreadable.  If so this could cause errors in trying to redownload previously purchased items and profile  items.  I know it has on my console lol.  Anyway..regardless of your system cache status if any damage was done to your original profile data...it may not have been removed in full.  If you've tried everything else then maybe a full Format of your Consoles storage device may work.  It has with me.  I've included a link below to some step by step instuctions on how to format your device and the reinstall process is included and automized.  If you have access to cloud storage then I recommend that as a place to back up your saves along with anything else you can.  If you backup data to a USB then again...use the format info o. tbe link below to freshly prepare your flash drive.  This lessens the risk of more data corruption.  Once backed up....run the format and let your xbox fully reinstall and reboot.  Connect back up to live before you do anything else to allow the full dashboard updates to install also.  Only then attempt to download your profile.  Am following this thread so plz by all means if you get stuck then holler back at me lol.  Theres also @XboxSupport1 on Twitter and Ambassador Chat too......Dont despair!!

Formatting Help: htttp://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/accessories/storage

Sorry this didn't help.

formatting worked!   you are the best!!!

thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

Great stuff!!! Glad I could help.  Happy gaming!!!

Enni ZQ

Sorry this didn't help.