Help! Can't access my Xbox account (don't know the email)

I created my account in 2005 using a Comcast email. After my Gold subscription ran out I stopped using the Xbox 360.

There is no way I can log into my original Account on Xbox.com, because back then I didn't have a Live account. (This wasn't my fault) So, now I have Windows 8 that has xbox live integrated, but it generated a new Xbox account.... I want my old one instead.

The ONLY way to log into Xbox is using a Live account, but my original Xbox Account didn't have one.... so, HOW do I log in???

I know ALL my info, plus I even have a limited time Xbox Gamer Rewards Card with my Gamer Tag on it.

*My 360 had RROD a few years ago, so I can't log into Xbox console.

*ALL password/email reset links REQUIRE a Live email to log in, so that will not help me.

*I'm very Tech savvy

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there, TheurgicBag622.  I can definitely understand the frustration. Were you ever able to get in contact with a phone agent?  You can also try the steps on Xbox.com/forgot, but without a console some of them may be tough.  There is also this form to try: https://account.live.com/acsr  Please keep us updated!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Alright bud. First thing is first. YOU FORGOT YOUR EMAIL NOT MICROSOFT! So really who is to blame here?

With that being said let's try a few things here.

The email associated with your Microsoft Account (MSAC) is only a username. It doesn't matter if the email is real or not. You can create a profile on the console right now with a spoofed email and you can sign up for xbox live gold (if you have a card or prepaid code of course). You have always needed a live account to set up an xbox live profile. If you did not need a Microsoft Account when you created your profile in 2005 that means you have an offline profile. Short on options if this is the case

So go ahead and keep using that Comcast email, it's probably the one you used to create the profile. Best bet is to go to xbox.com/reset to try and get access using your security proofs. If that doesn't work fill out the questionaire, include as much information as possible.

Now if you keep getting rejection letters after your proofs don't work, then call xbox customer support at 18004myxbox. Sometimes there are three and a half hour waits because there are well over 70 million xbox users and all of them have 99 problems, but we know what ain't one of them don't we?

If you insist that your Microsoft account isn't that comcast address, then you will need to call support. However they may not be able to help you if you can't provide enough information to them about the profile so I suggest hunting for some information that may have been associated with profile before calling.

Sorry this didn't help.

*Sigh* That's the "Best" Microsoft can do...??

I have to wait for 2 to 3 hours in standby until "they" "call" me back (probably with automated machine)... I don't know if it's worth it. I'll probably keep this stupid generic name and stay away from MS products instead. Now I know why they say:

#DealWithIt

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, fastest way is to request a callback here: support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.

Could you please provide the Phone Number?

Microsoft help/contact info is extremely hard to find online.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, you should call the xbox phone support and ask for the email associated with your other gamertag, after verifying your identity they should tell you.

Alessio

Sorry this didn't help.