HELP! Can I use my U.S. XBOX in Europe (Bulgaria)?

I have a U.S. Xbox (and games) that I want to bring with me to Europe.  I have two questions:

1.  Will my xbox work on a European TV? (I believe Bulgarian TVs use SECAM format, which is similar to PAL, but I am not sure).

2. If not, is there any equipment (adapters/converters etc.) I can buy that will allow it to work?

A google search yields a variety of different answers to this question, so I am not sure what the right answer is...Thanks for the help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

You should be able to since you are not changing the language on the system. But I do recommend buying extra cables and adapters because sometimes yours will be fried when you turn them on in a different country. I am not sure how that happens but it has happened to me before.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As JS14NYU said, I think there is no problem. But should buy your games in the US, because it is configured for US. I have US Xbox and games. The games have the NTSC format. On the right upper corner is the coding of the games. I suggest you sell your Xbox and games and buy a new one in Europe, because it's going to be difficult to buy US games in Europe.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.