help batterys

false readings on battery life and there full charged

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same problem, there energizer batteries and when fully charged the xbox says there only half full. The xbox doesn't show any power drop in the batteries untill they drop bellow half. So i can play for 4-6 hours without the battery indicator moving then when they actually reach half it indicates them loosing power correctly.

lol, this will now be called battery gate....

I imagine this feature works best with the Play and Charge kit. Presumably it's difficult for the controller to recognise percentages of different batteries and they standard and the official MS pack is used as a baseline.

I could be wrong but that would be my guess. How do you quote the percentage if you don't the capacity?

The 360 gauge was never accurate either which is why I could never understand why it was so asked for on the One.

no issues with mine.fully charged played non stop for 8hrs

When I think I've had a good run on my AA recharge batteries I either keep the next set close to me or just switch them out mainly in MP. Single player it doesn't really bother me to let them run right down. I find I'm better at judging it than that gauge will ever be.

I have a play and charge, I'll charge it fully and see what it indicates, full, half etc.

Ok, just charged the pack up, and it's full according to the icon on the Xbox One, I also installed two brand new Duracell Ultras to compare, and they were shown to be full as well, it seems the battery indicator is working OK on my console.

I have the official ms play and charge for both of my controllers and it seems to be working like it should.

I think it does work better with the play & charge..  store bought or even rechargeable ones might not register the capacity correctly. Also we know recharges only lose power after after so many times recharged so it may show as fully charged but to the X1.. it might only read half full...