Help! Asus vs238h-p/ turtle beach X12's

If anyone could help me out I would like to thank you in advance.  The problem I'm having is that I want to purchase the Asus vs238h-p monintor to game with my 360 on.  I will only have the xbox hooked up to the monitor and no pc. I need a way to connect my turtle beach X12's but the monitor does not have an audio out, only a 3.5mm headphone jack.  I have an audio adapter and am currently using the rca to optical for the headset to my current tv.  I tried to use the optical audio out on the back of the xbox itself but sound only plays through the headset as the xbox is booting up and then goes away (on the adapter a light thats says locked is one for a few seconds then goes off, always stays on when hooked up to the optical audio out on the tv).  How can I hook my X12's up so I can use them with this new monitor??

Thanks,

Brandon R.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Ok, I currently use the VE247 Asus with X32's (wireless version)

Here is how it is ran.. My brother has the VS238 with X12's and X32's (older versions)

the easiest way to do it is run the piggyback (www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1)

audio adapter and the piggy back it with rca to the x12 receiver and then usb into the xbox and power on connect and it should work fine.. You dont need to go rca -->Optical but just line in to your receiver on the turtle beach.  We haven't had any problems this way.