HELP 2nd hand console banned

i bought an xbox over a year ago when i went to florida, i got it for $60 i was able to play on it for about 2 days until i put in a new game i had just bought which required me to update the xbox via disc, this resulted in the most frustrating error message loop every time i started up the xbox, so i put in in the cuboard i recently discovered it on the last holiday we went to florida, so i took it home to the uk with to fix, i took me 5 days to finally find a way to fix this error loop, when i had fixed it i then played a few games and decided to updatet to play gta 5 i did it and it worked, then as i had heard the the best bit about gta 5 was the online section, i decided to connect my xbox to the internet BUT this would not work as a result of a console ban? i have never done anything bad with this xbox and i have never tampered with it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

While you may not have done anything to get it banned, the previous owner could have done something. That's why it's not a good idea to buy used 360s. Unfortunately once a console is banned, it won't be unbanned. Usually you would have to try taking it back to where it was purchased, but since you've had it over a year that may no longer be possible.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

sNIpeRZ,

As Smwutches mentioned, the console ban can't be lifted. This is the typically response from the XBLPET regarding this scenario:

"Apologies, but we cannot lift bans for consoles purchased second-hand. When a console is banned, that ban remains in place regardless of ownership. Microsoft recommends only buying consoles from authorized Xbox 360 retailers. The warranty on a second-hand console is void, and the purchaser assumes the risk for any previous modifications. If you purchase a console that has been previously suspended, you will not be able to connect to Xbox LIVE.

Please see the following links for more information:

www.xbox.com/.../consoleban

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-console-ban"

Sorry to hear about the bad news! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.