Headset survey

Hey Guys! 

I'm looking to gather information on what you guys want in a gaming headset.  Let me know features (On-ear, over ear, around-ear), mic, mute, volume, sound quality (bass, etc), colors, materials, looks, features...  I want to know everything.  I've been a passionate gamer for some time, and my company is coming up with, what I'm in charge of making, the best headset that has ever come out.  So, I'm asking my fellow gamers to let me know all of you likes and dislikes!

Thanks fellas!

x Spades x

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

A headset that's reliable. The quality can be standard, as long as it's reliable.

Can you elaborate on that?  What tends to fail?  What are your concerns?

The ability of hearing through the headsets, the last few I've obtained have always ended up losing their ability to pick up others' chatter. It concerns me that having a headset is a lost cause. *I do keep my headsets in good condition*

Thanks Foom!

Ive tested the sounds of our betas and they are AWESOME!  We are trying to get the feature down while waiting to test other innovations.  Alot of tech will be stuffed into these puppies and we are looking for them to be compatible with the next gen system/PCs as well.  Keep the opinions going!  Let me know features! :-)

I have the Senheisser headset. I don't use fully enclosed cans like the Turtle Beach ones because i have an awesome home theater system which i crank up. The microphone successfully cancels much of the noise allowing me to crank my stereo to a decent level without annoying my team mates and the headset reproduces the human voice with clarity.

my only hassle is that the jack to plug into the controller is just a teeny tiny bit small so it doesn't quite fit as snug as i might like.

they are a small, over head, single sided affair. I'd like to see them improved my having the option of having the mic on either the right or the left, but it's a minor setback.

all in all, a reliable, non-obtrusive item. i like it.

Thanks Hell Thumb (Awesome name btw).  I will add Left/Right option, for the mic, to the list.  That may be tough, as the mic may need to be detachable.  Because the audio comes through Left and Right channels, if you flip the headset so that it's on the left side of your face, the audio with be backwards.  I'll see what they say about this!  

Trittons were good for me, the model is preference to you, google them and take a look, you might be impressed, who knows.

Sam

Okay, here's what I'd like from a headset:

wireless (duh)

INDESTRUCTABILTY!! (Can I please have a headset that allows me to fly off the handle and loss my little mind and not wake up with a shattered headset?)

Comfort (why can't I have high quality sound AND non-sweaty ears?

Hi Spades

Feels like your re-inventing the wheel here just buy the Astro Gaming Audio system end of. Or the new Astro A50 due out in a month or so.

Sorry to be a party pooper.

Hi Spades

Feels like your re-inventing the wheel here just buy the Astro Gaming Audio system end of. Or the new Astro A50 due out in a month or so.

Sorry to be a party pooper.