Headset reccomendation.

Hi all, as some of you may or may not be aware of Turtle Beach have released some new Call of Duty limited edition headsets which are compatible with all current gen consoles and PlayStation 4. I brought myself a pair of spectres which you can pick up from GAME and online for around 150 pounds. I picked myself up a pair ready for the release of PlayStation 4 on November 29th. I tried them out on my 360 to see just how good they were. After having a few games on BF4 and COD I was truly surprised at just how good these new headsets were. They are super comfy and offer the option to adjust the bass and treble of your games audio. You can even answer phone calls with a switch of the cable. I'm making this thread simply to point out that if you wish to get yourself a comfy headset with good audio which is compatible with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 4or you've maybe been in limbo when it comes to deciding to get a pair of Turtle beach spectres then you should go out and buy a pair of these trust me they are superb.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

meh, i've got a pair of old TB X11's which have done a phenominal job for next to no cost at all and they've lasted me a good few years already.

here's hoping for an adapter for the XB1 to be able to use normal headphones

Thing I don't understand is they say they work with ps4 yet how are they going to work when all you get with a ps4 is a power cable and a HDMI cable. Don't you need those 3 coloured plugs for turtle beaches to work? There is no such thing for next gen its all HDMI.

Don't  they use optical for game sound?  My TB XP500's and all the TB headsets I have owned before have all been optical.  I can use my XP' s for game sound on the One just no blu tooth chat support which is rubbish.  

[quote user="NickWba18"]

Thing I don't understand is they say they work with ps4 yet how are they going to work when all you get with a ps4 is a power cable and a HDMI cable. Don't you need those 3 coloured plugs for turtle beaches to work? There is no such thing for next gen its all HDMI.

[/quote]

Optical Cable? I use pair of X12's with a DSS 2.

Really not sure how they will work. It says they are compatible with ps4 yet I'm still worrying lol.

[quote user="Genchy"]

Don't  they use optical for game sound?  My TB XP500's and all the TB headsets I have owned before have all been optical.  I can use my XP' s for game sound on the One just no blu tooth chat support which is rubbish.  

[/quote]

This is a good point, I want to use my headset with my One but I can only use them for game sound and not chat. What are you guys going to use for a mic?

Did they come with an optical cable?

@zico I'm just going to shout really really loudly and hope!

The only other cables I have in the box is the mobile cable and a auxiliary cable.

Are they wired or infra red?

If your using them how have you connected them to the console (360 )

Wired.