Headset problem. Headset not the issue.

Not long after the update, I got the black screen when hitting the 'Home' button to back out of a game. I corrected that problem, but soon after, my headset stopped working. The sound of other players, or party, comes through my TV. And with the Kinect turned off for chat, nobody can hear me. The Mute button lights up when I hit turn it on and off. And I can hear the audio of the volume hitting max through the headset when I turn it all the way up. I've done a hard reset multiple times and it hasn't resolved itself. I know it's not a headset issue because I have 2 Xbox Ones and 4 controllers. On my One downstairs, every combination of controller and headset works. Upstairs, NO combination of any controller or headset works. Anyone having this issue? Or any ideas on how to resolve it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:
Answer

Well, this morning before I left for work, I unplugged the console and let sit like that all day. I had done multiple hard resets and let them sit unplugged for at least 5 minutes each time to no avail. So I figured since I was going to notify the Xbox Online Service Center tonight after work anyway, it wouldn't hurt to just leave the One unplugged all day while I was gone. Sure enough, after coming home and plugging it in, headset works fine again. No idea what caused the problem, or why the half dozen, 5+ minute hard resets didn't fix it yesterday. But it's working good again today. And I guess next time I'll know to just leave the system unplugged for a longer period if I need to do a reset for anything.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.