Headset Mic No longer works

The Headset that came with my xbox one that I purchased 7 or so months ago has broken, I can hear chat it connects to the controller all fine but the microphone wont work. it has worked the last time I used it about 3 weeks ago but now will not. I'm wondering will I be able to get a free warranty replacement, is this just a bug with there software and is there any way I could fix it? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 36 Applies to:

I can almost assure you that the wires inside are the problem.  The stock chat piece has a fundamental design flaw in that the wiring comes straight out of the adapter and those wires end up getting repeatedly kinked to the point of failure.  i don't know if there is a warranty for that item, but they are only 25 dollars to replace.  That being said a new one will eventually fail as well.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

HE IS RIGHT!!

This is definitely something they know about and I feel like don't care. When I bought my Xbox One. Everything that came with it had to be replaced. The console, the controller, and the headset all in only a few months. One after the other starting with the controller, which the LB button quick working in a month. The the console was bricked while it was installing a system update from Microsoft. After I got it back my mic stopped working shortly after, suddenly and for no reason at all. It's still in a box with their address on it in the trunk. I bought a new one because it was almost as cheap as paying to have it sent back. Well guess what? Yup, you got it, a few months of use and right in the middle of a GTA session while trying to introduce a friend to the game it stopped working mid-sentence. Same problem.

Here's the moral of my story and what I will be doing to remedy this situation:

BUY A TURTLE BEACH HEADSET or something comparable

Microsoft makes junk and they do not care. Here's a computer, it's gonna get viruses, somebody might steal your identity and bank account, the thing might just freeze up all together for no apparent reason, but don't worry... it's cool.

They figure they will replace anything in warranty no problem and they stay really busy honoring them warranties. They just bank on most people are just going to replace it on their on or lose their proof of warranty or that you will forget its covered by warranty or whatever. Just that you wont actually make them replace it and they will get paid over and over for the same thing.

By the time you end up buying a good set because you replaced the other one so many times you could have already paid for the good set and never went through the headache.

Dont count on your replacement to perform any better. You will be disappointed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.