Headset keeps broadcasting noise even when there is no sound playing

Okay I've spent the majority of my night searching the internet for anyone else having this issue and found nothing. It started two days ago (8-15-2015) when my Tritton 720 pro started to show that I was making noise in the party which my friends said sounded like the buzzing of a power line. I muted and unmuted and it did it again. I then sent a voice message so I could hear it for myself. I found that if I had the headset unmuted and said nothing then would be no buzzing noise but if I said something at any point the buzzing noise would be faint before anything was said and then noticeable after. I assumed that my 4 year old headset was at the end of days.

So the next morning I get up and run to my local big box store and pick up a brand new pair of Turtle Beach Stealth 500x and after the setup and firmware update I jump into a game only for the exact same problem to happen. I then go and find my xbox one box and pull out the microphone that came with the console still wrapped and plugged it in and still the same issue. 

Now I've down everything that both Microsoft and Turtle Beach has suggested doing if there were any nonspecific issues and still doesn't fix the problem. If I hit mute and then unmute it sometimes will stop the broadcast of white noise. Also I know it isn't the stereo adapter or controller because the 500x doesn't require any connection to the controller.

Honestly, I just want to know if this is just an isolated incident with me or if anyone else has been experiencing this issue.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:
Answer

It was a manufacture defect. After the exchanged everything seems to be in working order.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Okay it was a manufacturer defect with the mic. After the exchange everything is working fine.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.