Headset chat cable adapter and 5.1 optical output coming soon?

I have been patiently waiting for the announcement about when I can expect to be able to use my Astros A50 to chat on LIVE with the One.  They just announced some new updates, and I was hoping for news about the adapter, but they didn't even state that Dolby 5.1 would be supported via optical output - a requirement of the Astros A50s.  Has there been any news, however slight concerning the headset adapter that will allow owners of third party headsets to chat via LIVE on Xbox One?  I heard on podcast unlocked they were trying to get the optical problem solved in time for the update, but any confirmation of this would be most welcome

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Unfortunately there is no official word yet mate. We are all patiently awaiting news on this. Most of us like you have expensive headsets sitting there collecting dust just waiting for that glorious moment to be plugged in!

They did state that the console will be updated again in March to give the best experience ready for the launch of Titanfall. No official information has been given but in my eyes, 5.1 would greatly improve my experience so I'm taking it as a hint.