Headset buzzes with wired controller only

I just picked up a pair of Turtle Beaches X12's and they work fine with my wireless controller. However, when I connect them to either of my wired ones the headset will buzz when I speak into the mic and it's annoying people I play with. Any idea how to fix this?

The wire connecting to the controller is not the problem, I already tried replacing it. I also tried a second set of X12's and it has the same problem.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

This sounds like a bad earth or dry solder joint on your wired controller head set socket.

Or maybe there is dust and other debris inside the socket, try spraying a can of "computer duster" into the socket to give it a good clean and go from there.

Have you got a friend who has a wired controller you could borrow just to test if the X12's buzz with them too?

Let me know how you progress with this and i will try to assist you more if needed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Borrowed another controller, same thing. I've been asking around to friends online as well and I've found 2 others with the same problem. Wireless works fine for all 3 of us, wired not so much. No one seems to know how to fix it besides just using a wireless though.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.