Headset adapter cuts out during game-play

I purchased a headset adapter. I updated my controller with the headset adapter plugged in and received a confirmation message that the controller update was applied.

I popped in some Forza and was able to hear the game play through the headset and then went out for a couple laps at Laguna Seca.  During game-play I noticed intermittent drops of signal/sound about a quarter second in length and at random. Sounds almost like lag or some sort of sampling issue. I tried two pairs of headphones, Sol Republic Tracks and Sennheiser HD 25-IIs, no change.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yep. I got Turtle Beach XO Fours that are having the same issue. They're fine when plugged into my smartphone, but have those sound issues and crackling when plugged into the adapter.

My regular Xbox One headset (sans adapter) drops regularly from time to time too - whether it's related, I cannot say, but it is disappointing to have happen in the 1st place.

I have the XO 4's and i have the same issue.

Bah.  I hope this is just a software issue which can be fixed via patch.

Does anyone know how the sound is streamed to controller?  Is it optical and through Kinect (I had disconnect my Kinect a while back and the OEM headset stopped working) or does the signal come through the wireless radio?

I think it's a software issue. The headset being used with the adapter doesn't seem to matter and my headset works perfectly with my LG G2. It's only when it's plugged into the adapter that issues start popping up. I've read that the quiet mic issue with the Polk Audio headsets is going to be fixed with a new firmware update so maybe we'll get fixed up in the process.

I am having the exact same issue with the XO4s.

Just a heads up... If you don't uncheck the " Use Kinect for chat" checkbox, it still picks up voice through the Kinect even though your headset is being used.

Not sure if this will fix your issue, just found this when using my Turtle Beach X12's. Luckily I've not had any voice/sound issues with the X12's.

Good luck.

i was getting it REAL bad last night on the polk audio 4 shots while trying to watch a movie...i went and returned them today hoping for better luck out of the x0 fours...doesnt reassure me since a few of you are having the same issue with the xo fours.  Damn I hope MS can get their crap together..i mean headsets and audio problems even though the 360's worked fine...what was wrong with just carrying over the 360's sound system since that one seemed to work better, headsets worked properly and you were actually able to use headsets without a stupid middle man adapter that shouldnt even be needed...what was wrong with the old plug on the 360? why change something that works?

ME TOO! please fix before Titanfall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ U Go

Did you update using this method? m.digitaltrends.com/.../youre-going-need-update-xbox-one-controller-heres

I didn't, but then again I only have X12's, and luckily mine are working fine (touch wood).

Not sure if the method in the article I linked works, but might be worth a shot.