Headset Adapter and Beats Studio Headset

Hi,

Can't get my Beats Studio with inline mic to work with the adapter. I get game audio but mic doesn't pick up. Also have tested the Beats Tour iPhone Headsets and Astro A50s. Controller and XO updates were done. Anyone else with a similar issue?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1,478 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same issue with my Razer Krakken Pro which uses a single 3.5mm to connect yet i dont get any mic pick up as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have The bose qc15 same issue -____-

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue with iPhone headset.  Audio works great, in party chat, others here high pitch whistle.  While less than desirable, it may be that the adapter is not designed to work with inline mic's. Look at the last item in the list below.  "Any 3.5mm stereo headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can get stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter"

I hope that the headset can work.

From XBOX.COM Headset Adapter page:

For game audio:

- Legacy gaming headsets get game audio from the back of the console from the S/PDIF port or from your TV/receiver with RCA cables. Get chat audio by connecting the 2.5mm chat cable to the adapter

- New Xbox One headsets – get chat and stereo directly from the adapter. No need to connect anything to the console

- Any 3.5mm stereo headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can get stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter

Sorry this didn't help.

Can we assume they don't work with any inline mic headsets? Or, 3rd party in general? I also opened a case # 1237899817 opened. They suggested to get more people to call it in.

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox Support Chat for case 1237936431

Ceazar: We do apologize to inform you that we checked the updates in our system, however, the list of the compatible headset is not yet uploaded, what we know that currently compatible 3rd party headsets are some model of the turtle beach headset.

Yamill: so all other headsets that did not launch today are out?

Ceazar: There is a possibility of that one, Yamill, however, rest assured that our Xbox engineers are already updating the system to make the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter be compatible for all 3rd party headset.

Yamill: wow

Ceazar: The Xbox One Stereo Headset and the  Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter are both new released accessories for Xbox One console and the system update for those accessories are not yet complete and once both system update will be completed you can already use 3rd party headset that you currently have.

I'm guessing we are stuck...

Sorry this didn't help.

Soulrepublic V10 does not work either

Sorry this didn't help.

Eric: at 21:56:03

I've updated the controller and reset the system and unplugged the adapter and plugged it back in i actually have a turtle beach headset that works but my bose headphones do not work and it appears that a lot of other people are also having issues with certain headphones is this a widespread issue?

Isabella: at 22:02:32

Yes, because the new stereo headset was just officially released yesterday Eric. And we have been receiving this same issues with other people. Don't worry, our Microsoft engineers are now working to get this issue resolved as soon as possible Eric.

Eric: at 22:03:12

is there going to be another controller update to add support to more headphones?

Isabella: at 22:06:55

We do not have any information yet if a new update will be released to add support to this stereo headset Eric. However rest assured our Microsoft engineers are working for it.

Isabella: at 22:06:55

As of this time in order to resolve this issue what we advised you is to get your headset adapter replaced.

Does nt look like our headphones are going to be working anytime soon

Sorry this didn't help.

i have also tried another adaptor and am having the same issues regarding static, sound drop outs.

Sorry this didn't help.

My studios are working with the adapter and the mic is clear!  

Sorry this didn't help.

My issue is with the razer chimaera 5.1's. If i have the adapter set to game, i hear double evrything... basically like having tv volume on and surround volume on and it sounds funny and you can hear the slight delay. Chat volume works for me though. I wish we had the settings like on the 360 for chat vs game volume... it was helpful.

My brother has the astro a50s with the latest update to his mixamp and all works well, except his voice is poppy and the biggest issue that his headset keeps turning off because it thinks it has no connection for some reson. Apparently if the headphones have no connection they turn off every 5 minutes and thats what they are doing starting today with the adaptor.

Sorry this didn't help.