HDTV mode vs PC Mode

First off my TV model is philips 52pfl5704d/f7

Now when I go into the settings menu I can pick from 2 modes HDTV and PC. I have been flipping them back and forth and I can't for the life of me tell which one I like better. HDTV mode things look brighter and sharper and PC mode things look more natural and not as sharp I just don't know what its suppose to look like in the first place.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

[quote user="DewBahNator"]

First off my TV model is philips 52pfl5704d/f7

Now when I go into the settings menu I can pick from 2 modes HDTV and PC. I have been flipping them back and forth and I can't for the life of me tell which one I like better. HDTV mode things look brighter and sharper and PC mode things look more natural and not as sharp I just don't know what its suppose to look like in the first place.

[/quote]

PC mode (if its the input label your talking about or a picture mode), will disable any enhancement (to reduce input delay) and enable each pixel on your HDTV to have full color resolution (nothing is thrown away unlike watching a blu-ray movie).

-

It is essentially the better choice than "game mode" if a TV has both. If your TV doesn't have "game mode" (which only disables enhancements) then PC mode will provide the same if not better results. Calibrating your TV will show you that PC mode looks better when gaming, where as you use HDTV mode for when you are watching movies.