HDTV doesn't have component inputs - SOL?

I recently bought one of those refurbished xbox's for 99 dollars, little did i know they did not come with an HDMI slot because it was a 1st-Gen Refurbish. So my HDTV only has composite inputs, and supports 1080p HD through HDMI inputs, but seeing as I can't run HDMI out of my xbox, i cannot achieve HD because i would need a TV that has component inputs, correct? So am I SOL with this? Would i have to purchase one of those 40 dollar converters?

Any information would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

The only solution would be to buy one of those Component to HDMI which converts the signal to HDMI so you can use it on your HDTV
You might find a cheaper one in a computer store or something but i think the Xbox one has gold jacks and port for better conductivity but a regular one works as well

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="AiceWeiss"]I recently bought one of those refurbished xbox's for 99 dollars,[/quote]From where and refurbished by what company? In general, it's not wise to buy a used 360 console.[quote]little did i know they did not come with an HDMI slot because it was a 1st-Gen Refurbish.[/quote]The best revision of non-HDMI 360 is an Opus-based console. They're essentially the second generation (Falcon) without HDMI. They're still not particularly reliable.[quote]So my HDTV only has composite inputs, and supports 1080p HD through HDMI inputs,[/quote]That seems odd. What is the exact model number of the TV? Does it have a VGA port?[quote]but seeing as I can't run HDMI out of my xbox, i cannot achieve HD because i would need a TV that has component inputs, correct?[/quote]Or VGA.[quote]So am I SOL with this?[/quote]Usually decent adapters cost as much or more than your refurb 360.[quote]Would i have to purchase one of those 40 dollar converters?[/quote]Well... Monoprice has a couple. I'd be wary of using a box like that, though. You're throwing good money after bad.[quote user="FearedNightmare"]The only solution would be to buy one of those Component to HDMI which converts the signal to HDMI so you can use it on your HDTV[/quote]That's a regular Component AV port cable. It will not do what he wants.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.