hdtv 1080i but no hd cable on xbox360

with an hd tv and only the standard yellow white red cable plugged in my game play suxz the movement is slowed down when i turn in takes a sec for it to catch up if i bought an hd cable would this fix the problem or is the tv i got **** its a 50 inch toshiba 1080i lcd anyone help in need of playing cod mw3 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You'll need either the Xbox 360 Component cable or a HDMI cable to get HD video out of your Xbox. It sounds like you're also experiencing input lag, which is a result of the TV taking too long to process the video before displaying it. Try turning off picture and motion enhancers (e.g. edge enhancement, 120Hz motion, vibrant colour, etc.) to solve the problem.

Silent is right on the input lag being a post processing image clean up issue. Just need to change a couple options on the TV. To get the full HD you need one of three cables. HDMI which is the best and cheapest, 360 Component AV cable, or 360 VGA AV cable.

Yes, you need use atleast a Component HD Cable for 1080i resolution on the Xbox 360...

www.xbox.com/.../xbox360componenthdcable

just buy the HDMI cable from amazon or Fry's electronics

What is the model of the TV? As others have stated the TV is inducing input lag however, that may lessen if you send the native resolution of the TV from the 360 since the TV then won't have to spend time processing/scaling the image. That can be done via HDMI or component.

Don't forget renaming input label to PC if possible, turning sharpness down to 0 or 25 (if you have an LG TV as LG TV's artificially blur the image), and lowering backlight to 30 or 40% as brighter backlight can slow the time it takes for a pixel to update

Hmmmm no

[quote user="MDA Cheezburger"]

Don't forget renaming input label to PC if possible, turning sharpness down to 0 or 25 (if you have an LG TV as LG TV's artificially blur the image), and lowering backlight to 30 or 40% as brighter backlight can slow the time it takes for a pixel to update

[/quote]Ignore everything in quoted above.

U can go to harbor freight and get a hdmi cable for around 5 bucks and I can't tell a difference between the one I payed 30 for or the harbor freight one

Monoprice and Amazon also sells HDMI cables for cheap.  The ammount that stores charge for HDMI cables is crazy.