HDMI

I purchased an HDMI cable on Amazon that said it was xbox 360 compatible.  It came today and does not fit??
What am I or did I do wrong?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Thanks for answering!! The input jack that goes into the xbox is smaller than the port. It was a cheap cable, just frustrated that it doesn't fit when Amazon has it as an xbox cable. I only paid $7 for it! Do you know if they make adaptors? I don't want to return this, buy another one and end up with the same problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As crashman said it sounds like maybe you have the wrong cable. Unless you have a very early Xbox. Both the HDMI jacks on my Xbox and TV are the same size.

Sorry this didn't help.

are both ends on the cable the same? Also does it plug into the HDMI port on your TV? If the ends are the same and it plugs into TV then make sure you are using the right port on the XBOX. If ends are different they have sent you the wrong cable. Hope these suggestions help

Sorry this didn't help.

does not matter if you buy a 2 dollar cheap cable or a high end monster they are all the same size shape and should plug in to any 360 as long as it has a HDMI jack.  if it does not fit then A: you got a bad cable or B: you have a model that does not have a HDMI port.  I have generic no name brand cables I bought at a outlet store in a 3 pack and all of them fit just fine.

Sorry this didn't help.