HDMI to DVI Monitor, No Sound, and Maybe a PC question.

Alright here is what I am working with and some idea.   I will note I know DVI doesn't carry sound.

I own a BenQ 24 Wide HD, Its better than my TV. I bought a HDMI to DVI cable and when I plug it in the screen looks sexy with my Xbox. My Monitor doesnt have speakers. I got http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018MI5F6/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00   this for sound. I figured I could plug it into my PC and use my headset or into some speakers. 

Issue with that set up is you can't have both cables pluged in.  I saw you can break apart the Xbox cable but I would perfer not to do that. I would rather keep my cables safe.

Can I plug some USB speakers into my Xbox? Anyway to use my PC headset on my xbox? Any other cables I can use to get the sound to my PC or speakers? Cheap headsets?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Also I noticed my video card has a mini HDMI spot

Could I run a HDMI to mini HDMI and sound would work that way?

Not to spam this again because I don't see the edit button but nevermind about the Mini HDMI, Its only for output.   Well I don't think I am going to be able to get sound unless I break the shell on the other cable. CRAP!

If you have the 360 S, pick up a digitial to analog audio adapter. One side goes to the 360 S's optical port, the other to whatever stereo cable you want.

If you have an original 360, look for the HDMI AV kit. That comes with an AV port cable designed to fit alongside the HDMI port. It provides just audio output.