HDMI "Mode not supported." ?????????

Hi, my Xbox 360 + kinect was working great until I got a message on it telling me the kinect needed to be "updated!!"

Our kids couldn't play their kinect games until I "updated," they were not happy, I updated our console on the 7th April 2012.

NOW our console won't work with a HDMI cable!!! It was working fine through HDMI before the upgrade, now all I get is a message

telling me, "MODE NOT SUPPORTED." Can you PLEASE HELP ME fix this problem as my husband is not at all happy, because

he will not play his game any other way as it it to hazy and hard to read the writing that comes up on the screen.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 32 Applies to:

First things first, and I'm sorry if this sounds dumb, but have you tried another HDMI cable, preferably another brand of cable, anything different than the one you're using currently?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes got new cable done the whole cable check thing. I've been told by a friend that it has something to do with the HDMI settings on the xbox, but I can't get into those setting when it won't work in high def. Wish I could find something out ASAP!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, my Xbox 360 + kinect was working great until I got a message on it telling me the kinect needed to be "updated!!"

Our kids couldn't play their kinect games until I "updated," they were not happy, I updated our console on the 7th April 2012.

NOW our console won't work with a HDMI cable!!! It was working fine through HDMI before the upgrade, now all I get is a message

telling me, "MODE NOT SUPPORTED." Can you PLEASE HELP ME fix this problem as my husband is not at all happy, because

he will not play his game any other way as it it to hazy and hard to read the writing that comes up on the screen

Sorry this didn't help.

Turn your console on using the guide button on a controller, as the console boots up press and hold Y and the right trigger on the contoller. This will reset the display settings on the console and should hopefully allow you to use HDMI again.

Gaming, something all gamers do, no matter which system they use.

Sorry this didn't help.