HDMI PASSTHROUGH

I'm running my xbox 360 along with a samsung bluray player through my Samsung av-r720 receiver and out to a projector. For some reason this worked perfectly for over a year and then stopped all of a sudden.

The xbox works on all other tv's in the house and directly to my optoma projector. But it wont work when I run it through the av-r720 pass through. This happened with my previous samsung receiver as well. Which worked for years then all of a sudden stopped working with the xbox.

Any ideas? I've already tried other cables and changing the display settings down to lower resolutions to see if that was it. It works with every other set up in the house. Except through the pass through.  I have another 360 in the house that works through the passthrough just fine.  Very frustrating.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 72 Applies to:

Hey there tentacle, welcome to the Forums!  There's a few things I can think of to try here.  First and foremost, I would try using a different cord or a different port in that receiver itself.  HDMI connections can be finicky, so it's worth it to try different things that way.  Also, the fact that it suddenly stopped working makes me wonder if there is a possible firmware update needed for that receiver.  You'd have to contact the maker to check on that one. Please give those steps a shot and let us know how it goes!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.