HDMI leads whats difference b/ween cheap & costly? A big difference

People say a £2 hdmi lead is no different to a £20 or £50 lead.. Thats wrong.. the difference is Quality! A cheap lead wont last as long as say a more expensive one.

I've bought 3 cheap hdmi cables costing less than £1.50 and 1 costly (imo for what it is) £13.99 3D capable hdmi cable (for my ps3). My 3rd cheap one is on its way out 2 months of use and im getting black screens flashing during gameplay.

So in future spend on quality, your xbox deserves it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

still on the same £5 hdmi lead from 2007 for the ps3 and it works great and in 3d also

[quote user="A Frozen Poo"].

So in future spend on quality, your xbox deserves it.

[/quote]

Well,i have had 6 xboxes so ok then...

I have used ones that cost a quid and ones that were, i think it was £50 or something stupid, no difference in quality, and my quid one has lasted a good few years now.

Other than build quality,there is no noticeable difference in any HD leads.

all my devices run on poundshop HD leads with no problems,even my blue rays on ps3.

No HDMI cable is worth £50.  You can buy cheap ones that have perfectly decent build quality.  As for the actual picture quality, they're all the same.

I've used the same HDMI cable from the Elite on day 1 release. Used it for the PS3 also and still going strong. I doubt Microsoft would have used state of the art HDMI when they first packed them with the Elites.

Lol HDMi leads are all pretty much the same. Actually, I'd like to see how a lead can fail once its been plugged in and not moved for a few months....

My TV, video and Sky+ box all run on the free SCART leads that came with it. All working fine for years.

-

My Xbox runs on the free HD cables that came with it.

-

I use a 20 meter ethernet cable that I got from ebay for £1.50. It is still going strong after 4 years.

-

I have never believed in buying those rip-off expensive cables when you can get the same quality from a cheap set of cables.

I've used my £2.50 (plus free postage) HDMI cable since I bought my first Xbox in 2007.  And it gets unplugged/plugged every now and then.  So I'd say it works pretty damn well.

Im using my ps3 gioteck £13.99 hdmi cable now on my xbox 360, cheap ones rnt shielded as well and so will degrade faster. ive ordered a official hdmi cable. and when i talk about quality im refering to build quality, not picture.