hdmi isnt working on my tv but it works on others ! help!

today I unplugged the HDMI cord that connects my 720p Sylvania 22" TV from my Xbox 360 (Slim, 250gb) in order to plug it into an HDMI to mini-DVI cord (I was plugging it into my Mac). After I plugged it back into the 360 I received absolutely no signal from my TV. From the research I have done, I believe this problem can be referred to the HDMI-handshake error.

NOTE: The component cables still work.

So I have just spent the last eight hours googling how to fix this problem, to no avail.... here is what I tried:

-Unplugging everything and replugging everything (TV power, 360 power, every cord, etc.) over and over and over

-Using a brand new HDMI cord

-Using the other HDMI input on my TV

-Pressing Y+RT while starting up my 360 in order to reset my display settings; NOTE: I have tried this while connected through the component input too... this does absolutely nothing no matter how long I hold it for.

-Trying to blindly change my display settings, as in navigating through the system settings without seeing anything through a display. I know that I am navigating to the right menu as I wrote done what to press, and I can turn off my console and/or controller while doing this blindly also.

***I did this all with no disc in the 360. And yes, I am using the right source input on my TV when trying to use the HDMI.

None of this has worked. I am getting extremely frustrated. I literally purchased this 360 on July 17th, 2012. I do NOT want to send this in for repair as my 8+ hours of researching this problem has pointed out that that is not a solution (I believe the problem exists solely between the specific 360 and the specific TV). I also read that restoring your 360 to default settings does nothing.

Please, please help me as I am getting so frustrated by this. I can manage with component for now but I want my HDMI back.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

help anyone ?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.